Become a Member
The membership of the Society will represent and consist of individuals involved in the various scientific and clinical disciplines concerned with research and management of children and adults with any form of tumour affecting the central nervous system. Membership of the Society is also open to individuals from charities, patient/carer organisations, and not-for-profit organisations with an interest in research and management of children and adults with any form of tumour affecting the central nervous system.
- Website – access to a wealth of information via the website including constantly updated news from journals, conferences and the medical media, positions vacant, and funding opportunities
- Networking across all the many disciplines involved in this sector of medicine and research
- Discounted attendance at the Conference (including the preceding Educational Day)
- AGM attendance and voting rights
- Eligibility to stand for election to Council
Types of Membership
There are two rates of membership:
- Standard rate £75 per annum – all physicians, those working in tenured scientific roles, technical, managerial and executive staff
- Reduced rate £25 per annum – nurses, non-medical trainees, allied health professionals, charities and not-for-profit organisations
The membership year runs from January to December and members must be paid up by end May in order to benefit from discounted Conference fees.
To find out how we use your data, please see Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation legislation 2018 below.
Benefits of Joining
There are several benefits to becoming a member of our organisation. The annual meeting provides the opportunity for cross fertilisation of ideas between clinicians and basic scientists dedicated to research and management of children and adults with tumours of the central nervous system.
Cancellation of Standing Orders
If you wish to cancel your BNOS membership and have previously taken out a Standing Order (we no longer invite new Standing Order applications), you need to write to your bank or do this via your online banking.
BNOS is not able to cancel a Standing Order on your behalf as it is an arrangement that you have set up directly with your bank.
Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation legislation 2018
All data you provide on the Membership Application Form will be entered onto the BNOS Membership Database for BNOS administrative purposes. If you do not wish your data to be held electronically please click here.