Become a Member
The Society represents and consists of individuals involved in the various scientific and clinical disciplines concerned with research and management of children and adults with any form of tumour affecting the central nervous system. Membership of the Society is also open to individuals from charities, patient/carer organisations, and not-for-profit organisations with an interest in research and management of children and adults with any form of tumour affecting the central nervous system.
- New! Free access to ebrain starting from January 2019
- Website – access to information via the website including scientific and clinical news, details of conferences and educational events, positions vacant, and funding opportunities
- Networking across all the many disciplines involved in this sector of medicine and research
- Discounted attendance at the Conference (including the preceding Educational Day)
- AGM attendance and voting rights
- Eligibility to stand for election to Council
- Post forthcoming events on our website Events page
- Post details of Situations Vacant on our Website Vacancies pages
Types of Membership
There are two rates of membership:
- Standard rate £75 per annum – all physicians, those working in tenured scientific roles, technical, managerial and executive staff
- Reduced rate £25 per annum – nurses, non-medical trainees, allied health professionals, charities and not-for-profit organisations
Important: You need to actively opt-in to permit us to contact you using your membership data. Please complete our Mailing List Consent form for this purpose.
The membership year runs from January to December and members must be paid up by end May in order to benefit from discounted Conference fees.
We regret that we are unable to offer membership payment reimbursements.
Cancellation of Standing Orders
If you wish to cancel your BNOS membership and have previously taken out a Standing Order (we no longer invite new Standing Order applications), you need to write to your bank or do this via your online banking.
BNOS is not able to cancel a Standing Order on your behalf as it is an arrangement that you have set up directly with your bank.
Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation legislation 2018
With your consent, all data you provide on the Membership Application Form will be entered onto the BNOS Membership Database for BNOS administrative purposes. To give your consent, please complete our Mailing List Consent form.
If you do not wish your data to be held electronically please click here.